Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dreamweaver Thursday Dream Scheme

October has come in like a lamb here in northern Illinois. We have had several beautiful, sunny, warm fall days in a row. I've even opened the windows again it's been so nice outside! But we know it won't last long at this time of year. The mums are planted and blooming in a wonderful array of fall colors, the trees are spectacular, and I've been collecting acorns whenever I'm out walking for my fall table.
But with fall comes the reality that Christmas is not far behind and I better start thinking about Christmas cards.  This week's Dreamweaver Stencils Thursday Dream Scheme is designer's choice so I'm sharing two cards using the new Nativity (LL3019) stencil released this summer. It is perfect for holiday card making when you are looking for a design that is beautiful but easy to make in large quantities!  Here they are:



The first card uses the Matte Black Embossing Paste with Metallic F/X powders applied after the paste dried. To do this, put the clean, dry stencil back over the dry paste and use a finger dauber to apply Stamp 'n Stick glue over the dry black paste. Remove the stencil and use a soft brush to apply the F/X powders on the glue.
The second card is the Metallic Gold Embossing Paste with Metallic F/X powders applied after the paste had dried for about 15-20 minutes.  The paste is not completely dry yet so you have to be careful when applying the powders. The effect is very subtle, but eye-catching up close.  I purposely took the middle picture with a flash to get the reflection of the powders. It's hard to capture properly, but looks very pretty in person.
Beautiful background papers always add the finishing touch. Good quality papers will make all the difference when putting together your final design.
Stop over to the DREAM it UP! blog for more inspiration, then on to the rest of the team blogs.
Happy Creating,
Louise

7 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love the backgrounds that go with the designs. BTW, the second picture wasn't coming up for me.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I have seen these cards in person and find that they are even more striking than here. Lovely cards Louise, as per usual!

Liz Martin said...

I love the one stencil two ways (three ways if teaching) in your post. Each is different but beautiful on its own. And you're so right about pairing papers and design. Great job, as usual.

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

Great cards Louise. I love the backgrounds and the coloring! GREAT job

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Louise! I haven't even begun to think about Christmas -- not a good thing.

Marijane said...

Gorgeous cards! My favorite is the second one... 14 karat perfection.

Wendy said...

These cards are FANTASTIC Louise!! I really love two & three. I hope you had a good weekend and an even better week!