Well the blog hop has been a blast so far with 3 days to go! We hope you've enjoyed our creations so far and will continue to join us until Saturday for even more great samples.
Each day this week, you will be directed from both the Stampendous Impressions' blog or the Dream It Up! blog to the players du jour for your oohing and aaahing pleasure. Everyone will be playing on Saturday, the 14th with our final hop for the week. This is your opportunity to see how to mix and mingle your creativity...if you are a stenciler, you will be fascinated at combining stamps with your first love. If you are a stamper, you will be wowed at how stencils can add to your impressions.
Here's my creation for you today. It fills the Dreamweaver Stencils April challenge of "Bring May Flowers" and incorporates part of a wonder set from Stampendous called "Mother's Love" (SSC1146).
The steps to create this are:
- Tape the Iris (LL320) stencil to light purple cardstock using removable tape
- Use the Paste Spreader (LM2010) to apply Pearlescent Embossing Paste across the image
- Use a soft paint brush to sprinkle Metallic F/X Powders ( 05 - Goldfinch, 11 - Ivy Garden, and 14 - Purple Satin) over the wet paste, it will look kind of messy at this point, but don't worry, it will be spectacular at the end!
- Remove and clean the stencil, set the image aside to dry
- Stamp the Happy Mother's Day saying on matching paper with Archival Jet Black ink (this is an acrylic stamp set, so I just snipped between the words and stacked them vertically on a grid block)
- Layer on dark purple then on dark green cardstock using foam tape
- When the paste is dry (about 50 minutes), use a swiffer cloth to wipe off the excess powders
- Trim close around the design
- Layer on dark purple, trim again
- Layer on dark green cardstock with foam tape
- Tape the Large flourish stencil (LJ896) to a corner of light green cardstock and use a 3/4" stencil brush to apply Distress Ink Forest Moss ink to the design
- Layer on dark green cardstock
- Embellish with a pretty ribbon
*For shipping and handling purposes, USA/APO/FPO/Canada winners only
Here are today's players
Dream It Up! Stampendous Impressions! Cyndi Bundy Kristi Van Doren Jennifer Ingle Pam Hornschu Louise Healy Wendy Jordan Jennifer Dove
Leave me some love before you "gear up" for the next player!