The holidays are upon us and time is racing by just like it does every year. Our challenge this month is to help you create clean and simple cards which can be especially helpful if you are like me and haven't even begun to make Thanksgiving cards yet, much less Christmas cards!
My design this week is very easy to do and a lot of fun. Here it is:
|LG700 - Poinsettia|
This was done using our Molten Magic technique and the following steps:
- Tape the stencil to white cardstock using removable tape
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply a coat of Pearlescent Embossing Paste
- Use a soft, dry paint brush to randomly sprinkle Metallic F/X powders around the design, I used Gold Dust in the center, Purple Satin and Plum Royale on the flower, and Ivy Garden and Kiwi on the leaves
- Remove the stencil and place in water
- Hold the design by a corner and gently tap from underneath to help "jump" the powders around the paste a little more. It will look quite messy at this point but that's OK, keep going!
- Add some more powders if you think it needs it
- Hold it up-side-down over a wastebasket and tap off extra powders
- Using a heat tool, start by heating from underneath for just a minute. Set the design down on a flat surface and hold in place with the tip of a scissors or a clean, dry palette knife. Heat the paste until it bubbles, keep moving the heat tool until the entire design is bubbled.
- Mount into a beautiful card!
- One down, seventy-four to go!