The Dreamweaver Stencils design team has been creating clean and simple holiday cards to help you simplify your card making this year without sacrificing beauty. Here's a very quick and easy card that you can create in multiples using the power pasting technique featured on Lynell's great Embossing Paste Techniques DVD.
- Tape the Season's Greetings (LG677) stencil to light green textured cardstock with removable tape
- Apply Glossy Green Embossing Paste across the stencil using a palette knife and paste spreader
- Remove and clean the stencil, let paste dry
- Place the clean, dry stencil back over the dry paste and apply Palette Stamp and Stick on the holly leaves using a finger dabber and the Picasso (LL332) to shield the areas you don't want glue on
- Remove the stencil and let the glue stand about 3-5 minutes to get tacky
- Use a large stencil brush to pounce Gold Leaf sheets over the holly leaves, rouge firmly with the brush to remove the excess leafing
- Layer the holly layer on dark green shimmer cardstock, then onto another light green layer and a red card (the red strip across the middle adds a nice accent)
- Make several and send to your favorite friends!
Happy Creating, Louise