The Dream Team has a big day today! Not only are we into week three of our Pinterest Inspired challenge, we are also playing with Ranger's Stickles Dry Glitter in the mix! We've had so much fun playing with jars of sparkly goodness, that we want to share the fun with two lucky crafters!
Just visit everyone on the list below, and leave comments for everyone. Two winners* will be randomly selected and announced Thursday, July 4th...what a great day for a celebration! Each prize package includes a mix of five Ranger Stickles Dry Glitter, a mix of sixDreamweaver Stencils, and jar of Dreamweaver Translucent Paste, and a Palette Knife for spreading. If you want to add to the fun, play along with our Pinterest challenge and link your own creation to the linkytool on the Dream It Up! blog before July 1st for a chance to win this month's stencil prize.
This weekend my Granddaughter had her first trip to the beach and loved it! It brought back so many wonderful memories of the weeks we spent at the Outer Banks of North Carolina years ago. We used to go for two weeks every summer with some dear friends of ours. But, alas, as happens, our kids grew up and went to college and spent all our money! Someday soon we'll have to restart those wonderful vacations. So needless to say, my inspiration this week has a beach theme (again!). Here's the link to my "At the beach" board on Pinterest, guess which picture inspired me this week! Now here's what I created using the wonderful Dreamweaver products and Ranger Stickles Dry Glitter.
|LL329 - Beach chair|
I used the double glitter technique. Here's how it was done:
- Cut a piece of Dreamweaver's Double sided Mounting Paper the same size as the stencil
- Cut a red cardstock mat 1/4" larger each direction
- Remove the release paper from one side of the double sided mounting paper and adhere it to the red mat
- Apply Dreamweaver's Hawaiian Soap to the back side of the Beach chair stencil (LL329), using a large stencil brush to brush away any crumbs of soap from the openings
- Remove the other piece of release paper and place the stencil soap side down on the sticky surface, making sure all the small bridges of the stencils are pressed down
- Apply Stickles Dry Fine Glitter to the umbrella and chair. I used Christmas Red in the umbrella, Cinnamon in the umbrella pole, True Blue on the chair, tapping off between each color
- Use a large stencil brush to gently brush away any glitter clinging to the stencil
- Place the image glittered side down on the table and carefully peel the paper off the stencil, be sure to hold the stencil down with your other hand so it does not bend
- Sprinkle the bottom area of the chair with Platinum stickles and the rest of the background with Distress Stickles dry glitter clear rock candy
- Apply a piece of double sided mounting paper near the bottom of a piece of white cardstock
- With the release paper still on, use the Picasso (LL332) stencil, and 1/2" brush and some blue ink to create clouds in the sky area of the card
- Remove the release paper and apply Platinum stickles across the "sand" area
- Use foam tape to mount the beach chair to the lower right corner.
- Perfect for a summer birthday, or fourth of July card!
Here's the list of sparkly-Pinteresting players:
Louise Healy (you're here)