Thank you for all your wonderful comments from last week's Dreamweaver and Ranger hop, it's always so inspiring to read them. You'll want to check out the DREAM it UP! blog to see if you were the winner of one of those great prizes!
I have spent the last week in Cincinnati visiting my beautiful little granddaughter. She keeps me hopping, so I don't have a lot of time for other things while I'm here, but I wanted to share a fun, summertime card that I recently posted on my Pinterest board. It fits our summer theme perfectly.
|Faux Tile - LG609 and LM163|
This was done in the Faux Tile technique. If you've never done this, be sure to give it a try, it's easy!
- Dry emboss the Tiles stencil (LG609) with a light box and stylus, or through a die cut machine
- Leave the tile stencil in place and put the Lighthouse over the tile stencil and tape in place with removable tape
- Use small stencil brushes to add color
- Remove the stencils, wipe off the tile stencil with a soft rag and re-position it over the image
- Use a finger dabber to dab VersaMark (clear embossing ink) over the whole image
- Remove the stencil and sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder, tap off extra
- Heat set the embossing powder and cool
- Return the tile stencil over the image and apply another coat of VersaMark and powder
- Heat again to create a smoother finish to your tiles
- Mount on summer paper and embellish as desired!
Here are some more wonderful designers bringing you great summertime creations.