This week I have used our fabulous new Leafless tree die cut. Yes, I said die cut! Dreamweaver has released three new die cuts to match three of our stencils, with more to come! Here's what I came up with:
|LJ878 - Snow splatter in Glossy White Embossing Paste|
DX7020 - Leafless tree die cut from shimmery white cardstock
LM139 - Happy Holidays traced with a Memento marker in Paris Dusk
- Cut a piece of dark blue cardstock 5" x 7"
- Tape the Snow splatters (LJ878) stencil across the card with removable tape
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Glossy White Embossing Paste
- Remove the stencil and place in water for cleaning
- Sprinkle the wet paste with Crystal glitter
- Let paste dry (it won't take long because they are very small dots of paste)
- Repeat the process underneath the first snow to fill the background
- Use white shimmer paper to die cut the Leafless tree (DX7020) die
- Use scraps of the white paper to create your torn "snow mounds"
- Tape the Happy Holiday (LM139) stencil to the lower mounds and use a dark blue marker to outline the saying (be careful not to put too much pressure on the tip of the marker or you will get ink bleeding under the edge)
- You could use a stencil brush and ink pad to stencil the saying instead of a marker
- Assemble the card as shown, I taped the bottom of the tree directly to the "ground", but used some foam mounting tape cut in narrow strips a little further up the trunk
- Use a glue pen and more Crystal glitter to add some sparkle along the top of the snow and on the branches
I know you will love our new dies as much as we do! This tree can be changed to match any season!
Hop on over to these design team blogs for more Christmas in August ideas.