Get ready for an amazing week of Awesome in Autumn! This week we are playing with the Quietfire Design team, and are so excited to play with their amazing images and sentiments. In their beautiful calligraphic style, their quotes and thoughts are the perfect addition to our Dreamweaver designs. Follow along with us, and leave your comments for an opportunity to win one of two wonderful prize packages:
This is a very easy card. Here are the simple steps:
- Tear the edge of a piece of text weight paper into a "wavy" pattern
- Lay it over a piece of cream cardstock so only about 1/2" of the cardstock shows
- Use Cut 'n' Dry foam to apply ink in a sweeping motion from the text paper onto the exposed cardstock all the way across the cardstock
- Move the text paper down about 1/2" and ink again
- Keep moving the paper down 1/2" at a time until you color all your cardstock
- I did about 4 rows of Distress Ink wild honey, then 4 spiced marmalade, and 2 rusty hinge, finishing the bottom area with 4 rows of forest moss and frayed burlap at the very bottom and around the whole piece
- Mount on a dark brown mat
- Die cut the Dreamweaver Leafless tree (DX7020) out of a rust color cardstock and adhere it over the colored background, trim off any branches that hang over the edge
- Stamp the Quietfire Design Friendship Quote Marks (6222) saying on cream cardstock with Archival Coffee Ink, tear the edges and ink with the same colors used for the background, edge with walnut stain
- Mount the saying to the card with foam mounting tape
- Use the Designer Dries Clear glue from Art Glitter along with their Ultrafine Metal Tip to apply adhesive to the tree and sprinkle the wet adhesive with glitter (I used a mixture of black, fool's gold, and fauna)
Don't forget that Stencil with Style (SWS20) and Art Glitter (DW20) are both offering a 20% discount this month when you use the discount codes at check out.
Check out this week's awesomeness which includes...
Louise Healy (you are here)