Our amazing week of Awesome in Autumn continues! This week we are playing with the Quietfire Design team, and are so excited to play with their amazing images and sentiments. In their beautiful calligraphic style, their quotes and thoughts are the perfect addition to our Dreamweaver designs. Follow along with us, and leave your comments for an opportunity to win one of two wonderful prize packages:
Autumn is my favorite time of year, so I just love this month's challenge of Awesome in Autumn! And with the month quickly coming to an end, I had to use Dreamweaver's beautiful Fall borders stencil (LJ874) . This versatile stencil has two corner designs that are so fabulous, you'll see the other corner tomorrow!
Follow these easy steps:
- Tape your stencil to the upper left corner of cream colored cardstock with removable tape (make sure you put some tape over the parts of the other corner design so you don't accidentally get ink where you don't want it!)
- Use small stencil brushes and ink pads to color the image, I used Brilliance Sunshine Yellow, P. Orange, Rocket Red, P. Beige, and Coffee Bean
- Use the Picasso (LL332) to help place color and to add a little vein to the leaves
- Remove the stencil, and stamp the saying from Quietfire Design #5820 Every Blade in the Field with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink
- Use a 3/4" stencil brush to brush in Distress Ink forest moss around the edge of images and around the edge of a background layer
- Use a 3/4" stencil brush to add just a little Brilliance P. Orange to the background piece
- Add a piece of beautiful ribbon from May Arts to the colored background piece, then assemble all the layers into an Awesome in Autumn card!
Tomorrow will be the final day of our hop with Quietfire, and the last chance to win a fabulous prize package, you won't want to miss it!
Check out today's awesomeness which includes...
Louise Healy (you are here)