Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holidays in a hurry!

The days are rushing past faster and faster. I still do not have my Christmas cards started, much less finished! Each day as we receive more beautiful cards in the mail I realize how far behind I am! Oh well, somehow it all gets finished.
The Dreamweaver Stencils design team has been posting ideas for last minute projects or cards to help you in this busy time of year. I had an idea pictured in my mind using the beautiful Nativity stencil (LL554), it seemed so straight forward! Somehow I just could not make it turn out how I envisioned it, have you ever had a day like that! Here are two attempts, but I'm not very happy with either, so there may be another later if I can get it to do what I want it to do.

Nativity - LL554 and Season of Joy - LX7016

Nativity - LL554 and Lg Peace on Earth - LX7019

See what I mean...they are OK, but not WOW! and I really like to make WOW cards. The first one uses Glossy White Embossing Paste with Crystal glitter on a navy blue shimmer paper for the Nativity stencil. The words from the Season of Joy stencil (LX7016) were stenciled using a small stencil brush and Memento Paris Dusk ink which was then highlighted with a clear glitter pen.
The second card in done on white linen cardstock. The Nativity was dry embossed near the bottom and then stenciled with the Paris Dusk ink. The Lg Peace on Earth - LX7019 was stenciled near the top, had Translucent Embossing Paste put over the ink, then Crystal glitter on the wet paste.After everything was dry, I used a larger stencil brush to add color to the background.

Here is list of other team members who ideas for you too:

 
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!
Happy Creating,
Louise

4 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

These are wonderful Hurry hurry hurry cards! And so much less expensive than buying them! I always look forward to seeing what you do and this month is no exception...I referenced you on my blog today!

Pam Hornschu said...

I like them both, but my fave is the top one...more finished and more pop with the mat frame.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Beautiful cards and stencil Louise!

Jan Castle said...

Wonderful cards.....this is next on my To Do List! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Jan