May had five Thursdays, so this week we have a combination of team members from both the A and B teams participating.
My inspiration this week came from the beautiful black iris that are blooming in my front garden. We've been having terrible storms this week, so sometimes I cut one and bring it inside to enjoy before it gets battered by the storms. I have created an Iris vase to enjoy it in.
|Long stem iris LL374|
- I started by power pasting 4 images using the Long stem iris (LL374) stencil, Glossy White Embossing paste and acetate.
- After the paste dried on the acetate, I placed the stencil back over the dry paste and used small stencil brushes to add color
- The vase is from IKEA, and is about 2" x 2" x 8 1/2".
- You can fussy cut around the iris or just leave them (I left them, my acetate was 2" x 5 1/2")
- Use glossy accents spread in a thin layer on the back of the acetate to adhere them to the vase, I put two lower and two higher
- The shadow you see in the back of the vase is actually the back side of the image on the opposite side of the vase from the one you can see.
These would be great table decorations for a reception, or just to give as a gift to a friend or to yourself!
Take time to enjoy the creations from these Design Team members