It's fun in the sun time again with another collaboration between Stampendous and Dreamweaver Stencils! We'll be playing together all of this week, with a fabulous hop on Friday, August 2nd, featuring a slew of amazing talent from both teams, and of course...prizes!!!
Two prize packages will be given away for the comments left on posts Monday-Thursday, July 29th - August 1st, and one prize will be given away for comments left on the hop day, Friday, August 2nd. Winners will be selected randomly and announced Thursday, August 8th. (Note: USA addresses only, please, due to shipping costs.) Here's what you could win:
Stampendous Surfer and Sandcastle Kiddos • Dreamweaver Hot Air Balloon, Ice Cream Cones, Summer, Mosaic Swirls, Bird Words, and Sandcastle stencils
Here's what I created:
|LL447 - Fleur de lis (new release)|
LJ841 - Fleur de lis (background)
|Close up of LL447|
|Close up of LJ841|
- Tape LL447 Fleur de lis to Aqua cardstock with removable tape
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Matte Black Embossing Paste
- Sprinkle with Stampendous Teal Mica Flakes (from EJK06 Encrusted Jewel Teal Kit) and press them into the wet paste carefully
- Sprinkle the whole thing with Sky Blue Embossing Powder (also from EJK06), it has some glitter in it too
- Remove the stencil and place in water
- Heat set the powder, be careful of the mica flakes, pull back if they start to smoke!
- Trim, and mat on a small black mat
- Repeat the steps for the background except only use the Sky Blue Embossing Powder
- Trim and mat with strips of black on two sides
- Mount onto a coordinating card
- Use foam tape to attach the larger Fleur de lis
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but this has incredible texture to it, and a lot of sparkle!
Now, hop on over to the next in line. Don't forget to leave some love for a chance to win, and just 'cuz it's nice!
Louise Healy (you're here)