This week I am featuring the new Open Fish (LL3038) and Large Scales (LX7023) stencils on a Zentangled card. Here it is:
I just love how the Large Scales make the perfect bubbly waves when they are turned upside down! The great thing about both stencils is they already have nice "sections" to do your tangles in so you really don't need strings (a technical term used by Zentanglers!)
- I started by using my Black Micron 01 pen to outline the Open Fish stencil on white cardstock
- The tangles were added with a Black Micron 005 pen, and shading with a pencil and blending stump
- Copic markers were used to ad a little color
- I trimmed close to the design and edged with a black marker, mounted it on a blue mat edged with black, and added foam tape to the back
- The "bottom of the sea" was created by outlining three rows of the Large Scales stencil with the Black Micron 01 on blue paper (matches the mat on the fish layer)
- Add some seaweedy-looking tangles, color them, edge the layer with black
- Mount the scales on the front of your card, add the fish, and there you have it, a fun, colorful card perfect for birthdays, graduations, "have a Fin-tastic day!", you'll think of something!
The B team has more great creations to share with you this week. Check it out!