Here's my creation this week:
|LL447 Lg Fleur de lis with LJ841 Fleur de lis in the background|
Here's how to do it:
- Tape the background stencil (LJ841) to a piece of black cardstock with removable tape
- Use a sponge applicator (the ones from IMAGINE Crafts work great) to apply a coat of VersaMark (also from IMAGINE Crafts) over the entire stencil, making sure to get in the thin grid lines
- Remove the stencil and place in water for cleaning
- Sprinkle the image with Clear Embossing Powder (not the SuperFine, just regular), tap off the excess and heat emboss
- Do the same thing with the Lg Fleur de lis
- Choose a couple of colors of acrylic paints (I used Distress Paints weathered wood and broken china), place a small puddle of the lighter color on your craft mat and pick it up with a foam applicator to apply in all over the embossed image (be generous, you want a nice layer of paint), then blend in some of the darker color
- Do that to both embossed pieces
- Let them dry until they are almost completely dry, use a slightly damp cloth or paper towel to GENTLY remove some of the paint off of the embossed areas, be patient!
- Let them dry thoroughly
- It's hard to see in the picture, but I used Tim Holtz's edge distressing tool to rough up the edges of both painted layers, it exposes the black edge of the paper and really adds to the aged feeling
- The background layer was added to the front of a black base card, and the Lg Fleur de lis was added with foam mounting tape
- Some beautiful ribbons from May Arts always give a great finishing touch
The "B" team has more great creations for you on their blogs too!