As we are heading towards back-to-school again, it is only appropriate that we break out our dictionary for this month's Dreamweaver challenge..."AUGUST as an ADJECTIVE"!
Merriam-Webster defines august as, "marked by majestic dignity or grandeur", with synonyms such as, "dignified, distinguished, imposing, portly, solemn, staid, and stately". Now, I don't know just how dignified and stately the Dream Team can become for an entire month, but we are all going to give it a try! How about trying along with us, and linking YOUR creations to the inlinkz tool below for a chance to win the wildest stencil design your little heart is screaming for.
Here's my creation for this week:
|LG730 Peacock - double glitter technique|
It's always difficult to photograph this technique and capture the real beauty of it. The Peacock (LG730) itself fits the definition of august, and the glitter makes it especially so! Here are the steps for creating this simple, but elegant card:
- Use Dreamweaver Handmade Hawaiian Soap to apply a coat of soap on the back of the stencil
- Use a large brush to sweep away any excess soap flake in the openings
- Apply a piece of Mounting Paper Double-sided to a deep blue piece of cardstock that is 1/4" larger than the mounting paper each direction
- Remove the release paper from the mounting paper and place the stencil on the sticky surface, soap side down. (use the release paper to pat the stencil in place)
- Use a cut straw or small spoon to apply glitter to each area
- Rub the glitter gently into the openings with your finger
- Carefully brush away any excess glitters using the larger stencil brush
- Place the stencil face down on the table and carefully peel off the glittered image, making sure to keep your stencil flat
- Sprinkle the exposed sticky background with clear glitter
- Mount into a wonderful card
Just a note, I like to use opaque glitters for the main image and transparent glitter for the background. I thought about adding a beautiful ribbon from May Arts, but I decided that this beautiful peacock was august enough to stand on its own!
Put on a straight face for the "A" team this week:
An InLinkz Link-up