Can you tell that sometimes Dream Team's "Fearless Leader", Pam Hornschu, has a hard time deciding on monthly challenges? Since the team will be taking turns all month with the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween (see the DREAM it UP! blog for details), and we are doing a Christmas collaboration with Stampendous and Core'dinations the 13th - 17th, the confusion should be understandable. Therefore...happy HallowThanksMas! As usual, we'd love for you to play along with the challenge and link your creations to the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog. Just in case you are wondering...NO, YOU DO NOT NEED TO POST SOMETHING WITH ALL THREE HOLIDAYS ON IT! However, you get bonus points for actually using Dreamweaver stencils and product on your creations! And bonus points might actually earn you an extra stencil as our monthly winner...just sayin'!
Here's my creation for today:
|LL3043 Oak leaf done in the Molten Magic Technique|
DX7020 Leafless tree die
I just love the new oak and maple leaf stencils that were just released! They are perfect for a variety of techniques and make fabulous fall cards. To recreate this, follow these simple steps:
- Tape the oak leaf stencil (LL3043) to cream colored cardstock with removable tape
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply a coat of Metallic Copper Embossing Paste
- Remove the stencil and place in water for later cleaning
- Sprinkle a variety of Metallic F/X Powders over the wet paste
- Tap off excess powder and heat the image with a heat tool until the paste is bubbly all over
- Let image cool before using a Swiffer cloth to buff off excess powders
- Rouge the edges with Distress Inks in fall colors
- Rouge the edges of a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card front with the same colors
- Mount a piece of wood grain paper on the card front
- Die cut some branches out of black cardstock using DX7020 Leafless tree die
- Arrange them coming out from the left side of the card front and adhere in place leaving most of the branches loose
- Use foam mounting tape to add the Oak Leaf image over the branches
- Add a little jute string bow (May Arts) as a finishing touch
A great card for an Autumn birthday, anniversary, really, any occasion, or Thanksgiving!
I hope you've enjoyed my creation today. Remember to visit the rest of the team, as confusion takes rein...could be interesting!