Each week this month I will be posting with the new release stencils, and by the end of the month with the new DIE CUTS! Yes, that's right Dreamweaver has added more die cuts. CLICK HERE TO SEE THEM!
This week I used two of the new stencils to create a modified Zentangle card, we call them "sten-tangled" because we use another stencil to make our design. Confused yet? It's obvious once you see it:
|LL3037 - Zen Butterfly with overlay|
LX7025 - Crusade
This is very easy.
- Dry emboss the butterfly stencil on white cardstock that is slightly larger than the stencil (so you get the outside border when you emboss it)
- Carefully turn the embossed image over to the front leaving the butterfly stencil in place
- Overlay the Crusade stencil so the design is symetrical, tape in place with removable tape
- Use a Black Micron pen (01) to trace the openings of the Crusade stencil
- Remove the overlay and outline the butterfly openings
- Remove the butterfly stencil and use a Black Micron 005 to add little lines to each opening and to fill in the body and antennae
- Lay the crusade stencil on white cardstock and use a Micron 01 to trace a strip of the design
- Trim all the piece to fit your card, layering the butterfly and strip on black mats
- Place the strip down the far left side of the card, use foam tape to apply the butterfly
- Embellish with some small black gems
Be sure to go to the other team blogs to see how they have used the new designs!