Thursday, May 7, 2015

Red, White & Blue!

Welcome to my first official post as a member of the Stampendous - Dreamweaver Design Team! I am so thrilled to be a part of this great, creative group.

Our theme this week is "Patriotic Panache".  What's more patriotic than the colors red, white, and blue. Pair those with the great Apron stencil and matching die from Dreamweaver to create a beautiful patriotic card. Perfect for a Memorial Day celebration invite, or summer BBQ!
Here's what I created:

LG736 Apron Stencil and DG736 Apron die

LG736 Apron Stencil and DG736 Apron die
The great thing about this technique is that it's a "two-fer"! You know, when you die cut two different patterned papers to create the apron, you get two great cards with the papers in opposite places.
Both aprons were first dry embossed on white cardstock. The patterned papers were backed with double sided adhesive before die cutting so the pieces would be ready to place. After the apron was cut, I outlined the red and white pieces with a red marker and the blue with a blue marker. I think it helps the pieces really stand out more by edging them with a marker (and I hate white edges on colored papers). I wanted them to be a little different, so I cut out one of the aprons and popped it up with foam tape. The little embellishments are bits of May Arts red twine held in place with silver star brads. I think they definitely give a "Patriotic Panache" feel!

For more Patriotic and Dreamweaver inspiration, check out these blogs:

Happy Creating,
Louise

7 comments:

Janelle Stollfus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle Stollfus said...

Oh Louise! Love these patriotic aprons! Welcome aboard!

Pam Hornschu said...

Two too cute! I love your patriotic aprons. I can actually see you wearing these!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love your take on our theme Louise! The aprons are so cute and you've got my head working in new directions for next week!

barbara macaskill said...

What fun cards!! LOVE that you used the extra bits to make a second card! I try to do that whenever possible so that I always have some made up and don't waste anything! TFS!

Viki Banaszak said...

These are such cute cards! I love the apron die and stencil.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Fabulous patriotic cards and especially loved the techniques you did! Love the All American feel the apron gives and would be a great embellishment for a layout with pics of bbq'ing!!