But really, the Build a Snowman (SSC1184) set of stamps from Stampendous is adorable, and you can create a whole village of snowmen if that's what you want to do!
Today I have used mainly the heads of the snowman set. There are three different ones and they are all adorable, and, of course, best buddies! The color scheme I chose is red and lime green, not traditional colors you think of when you think of a snowman, but it works! Here they are:
These Snow Buddies might be looking in at you from the great outdoors, or maybe you see a portrait gallery. Which ever way you look at it, they have to make you smile! This is a quick and easy design, just follow these steps:
- Fold a 7" x 10" piece of red cardstock in half to form a top fold A7 card
- Cut a 4 1/4" x 6 1/4" piece of lime green cardstock and use a Micron 02 pen to add a little design along the outside edges, adhere to the front of the card
- Cut a 3 1/8" x 5 3/4" piece of white cardstock and use the Micron 02 pen to add a design to the outer edge, adhere near the top of the green layer
- Cut three pieces of white cardstock 2" x 3 1/4", use Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the three heads on the white pieces, color with Copic markers (or whatever you like to use for coloring)
- Measure down 2" from the top of each and make a mark on each side, draw a light line across, stopping and starting on each side of the scarf tails, cut away the extra paper going around the scarf tails
- Use the Micron pen to make the edge design on each head layer
- To add the lines for the "bodies" of the two smaller snowmen, you can either use a fine black marker and draw them in by hand, or I created masks for the heads, placed a sticky note over the design on the edge, and stamped the bodies from the set where I needed them
- Mat the two smaller snowmen on 2 1/8" x 2 1/8" red mats, and the larger snowman on a 2 1/8" x 2 1/8" lime green mat
- Adhere the two smaller heads near each corner on the top of the white mat, and use foam tape to add the third snowman in the middle
- Stamp the Snow Buddies sentiment of white (1" x 1 7/8"), and mat on a 1 1/8" x 2" red mat, adhere near the lower right at an angle
- Put green jute or thread through two red buttons and tie, use Glue Dots to attach near the bottom left side of the card
- Use a dries clear adhesive and ultrafine Crystal Glitter to add a little sparkle to the hats
This close up will help you see how I cut them, added the bodies and the great sparkle from the glitter:
Here are the colors of Copic I used: YR15, YR68, B0000, R00, R27, R39, R81, YG0000, YG03, YG23, W8.
I hope you are enjoying building snowmen with us this week. This is a great set and so much fun to use! Tomorrow we are going to be incorporating Dreamweaver into our theme, so be sure to come back then.
Now keep building more snowmen with these designers: