The Stampendous design team is featuring Dreamweaver Stencils this week with a theme of Dreamweaver Double. We can interpret that however we want, so today I'm using not just two stencils (for a double, get it!), but three great stencil in my "Ode to a Summer Birthday".
The design team members were fortunate to receive a box of wonderful products from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko a while back. Their inks are fabulous to work with and the colors are gorgeous!
The Neon inks just screamed summer to me, so I decided to start with those, but how to choose which colors, hmmm. All of them, of course! LX7011 Big Dots was the perfect starting place, all of them fit!
|"Ode to a Summer Birthday"|
- Tape stencil to white cardstock with removable tape
- Place a piece of removable tape on the column next to the first column (yellow)
- Use a 1/2" stencil brush to apply the first color down the first column
- Remove the tape from the second column and move it over to the third column
- Place a piece of removable tape over the column just colored
- Color the next column
- Keep moving the two pieces of tape over until you have all the colors!
- Clean stencil
- The colors are called Radiant Neon Electric Yellow, E. Orange, E. Coral, E. Pink, E. Purple, E. Blue, E. Green
- Tape the Tiger slippahs (LM246) to white cardstock, use 1/4" stencil brushes and the Picasso (LL332) to apply color
- Cut them out leaving a small white edge around
- Mount them on Bazzill Limeade cardstock, and cut around them again leaving a small green edge
- Color the happy birthday (LM248) with some of the colors
- Layer on a mat of Limeade and Pink
- Mat the dots on Limeade and Pink also
- Use foam tape to add the sentiment and sandals
You won't want to miss more Dreamweaver creations from these team members: