Monday, October 24, 2016

Voices whisper...

October is speeding by and Halloween is fast approaching! I love decorating for Fall and Halloween and it's been especially fun this year in our new house!

The Stampendous Design team is participating in the 31 Days of Halloween! The Design Team members are excited to be bringing a daily dose of Halloween inspiration. We had such a great time for the Smeared Ink blog hop last year with Terra that we wanted to come back for another year and then we didn’t sign up in time. We’ll still provide their hop list every day so you won’t miss out on the fabulous projects from them. 




And of course, there are PRIZES!!! We have tons of prizes for this hop and as usual, comment on our blog and our design team blogs that get linked up here throughout our 31 Days post! See Official Contest Rules and then watch for details in our Monday post when we get the hop into full swing.



This week our team has been given two themes to work with in our creations. One to use some of the fabulous Graphic45 papers they so generously supply for us, and two, a theme of "Wrapped Up in Costumes".  Our fun stamps and their great papers are wonderful together. 

My creation for today features the Who Am I stamp paired with the Shadows sentiment.




Stampendous:
CRQ226 Cling Who Am I
CRV322 Cling Shadows
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
Acrylic Handle
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®

Plus:
Cream Cardstock
Graphic45 Brews and Potions, Charmed I'm Sure
Copic Sketch Markers - T1, T3, T5, T7, T9, YG0000, YG01, YG93, YG95, YG97, BV0000, BV00, BV02, BV04, E51
Distress Inks - shaded lilac, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, peeled paint, walnut stain, black soot
Foam applicator
Foam Tape

Instructions:
Step 1:  Fold a 6" x 9 1/2" piece of cream cardstock in half to form a card
Step 2:  Stamp the Who Am I image on a 3" x 4" piece of white cardstock, and the Shadows saying on a 2 1/4" x 3" piece with Tuxedo Black ink, color the Who Am I with Copic markers
Step 3: Use a foam applicator to rouge the distress inks around the edges of both stamped pieces, edge with the black soot ink
Step 4: Cut a 4 3/4" x 6" piece of Charmed, I'm Sure and distress with walnut stain and black soot, adhere to the card front
Step 5:  Cut a 1 3/4" x 6" piece of the Brews and Potions, use a foam applicator to apply the Distress inks around the paper, adhere to the card front along the lower edge, add the Who Am I image
Step 6:  Use foam tape to attach the Shadows saying

Check out the Stampendous Blog for today's list of designers!

Happy Creating,
Louise

10 comments:

BethW said...

This little guy is really growing on me and the Shadows saying is a must have.Love the tutorial-I have the G45 so once my shopping is done, I can do this one.

barbara macaskill said...

So cute! I love that you used G45 paper for the background layer! It isn't often I don't use at least some of their paper on a project! TFS!

Chris Dring said...

Cute and creepy, all rolled up in one fantastic card! Love this!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love that little guy - he looks kind of
unsure of himself. Hopefully he'll gain
confidence soon - maybe he hasn't been a
ghoul long.
thanks for sharing.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the eerie lighting with the way you coloring this image! Who Am I is a must-have for me! Love that fun and quirky stamp! So many great card ideas to make with Who Am I! Awesome sentiment stamp also!

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so cute! I rely love the colors you did on this one

Stampin2day said...

The background coloring is out of this world! I could get the link of Who Am I to work. I love this image!

Jean Bullock said...

Spookily beautiful! Way cool.

Unknown said...

Wow, creepy and awesome all at the same time!

Unknown said...

Love the backgrounds and the little guy - hope he doesn't come to my door :}