- Tape your stencil to white cardstock (3 1/2" x 4 1/2")
- Apply Glossy Black Embossing Paste
- While the stencil is still on, use a small brush to pick up some Metallic F/X Gold Dust powder and tap the brush over the black paste so the powder falls randomly over the design. Keep doing this until you have as much gold powder on as you think looks nice
- Remove and clean the stencil
- When the paste is dry, use a 3/4" stencil brush to brush off any excess powder
- Measure in 1" from the bottom right corner and make a little mark. Do the same at the top right.
- Place a ruler over the design at the two marks and use a pencil to draw a light line from the bottom or top along the ruler until you reach paste.
- Cut away all the white paper along the right side following the paste outline (be sure to leave a little white edge)
- From the new bottom right corner, measure over 1 1/2" and make a mark, do the same at the top
- Now cut away the extra white on the left side of the design
- Cut a piece of black cardstock 1 5/8" x 4 5/8" and adhere it to the cut out flower
- The decorative washi paper was 2" x 5", with a black mat of 2 1/8" x 5 1/8"
A nice black mat under a colored layer always helps the layer really stand out. Hope you'll give this a try. The Metallic F/X powders can be sprinkled on, mixed it, or brushed on to any of the paste products...Mix 'n' Match!