Now on to this week's Dreamweaver Stencils Thursday Dream Scheme challenge. This is a designers choice week so we got to choose whatever we wanted to share with you. This gives us a chance to share some creations that don't fit into a specific challenge. Lynell came out with some great stencils this summer at CHA, and the new Stockings by the fire (LG739) stencil really bursts with Christmas spirit! Here's one of my cards using it:
There are a few steps involved, but none of them are difficult, and it turns out sooooo sweet! Here we go:
- Use removable tape to tape the stencil to white cardstock
- Apply Glossy Red Embossing Paste (DGRP) using the new Paste Spreader (LM2010)
- Remove the stencil and let the red paste dry
- Clean and dry your stencil
- Use removable tape to mask off the bottom of the stockings and the two side "irons"
- Tape the stencil back over the dry red paste and use a regular palette knife to apply Glossy White Embossing Paste (DGWP) to the top of the stockings, then use the knife to tap on the paste and give it a little texture (like you would to frosting)
- Clean your palette knife and apply Crackle Embossing Paste (CEP) to the fire and logs area
- Remove the stencil, remove all tape from it before washing and drying it
- When those pastes are dry, put the clean, dry stencil back over the design and use small stencil brushes to add color to the fire and logs and the side irons
- Carefully sprinkle the side irons with embossing powder while the ink is still wet, then heat set the embossing powder.
- If you got white paste on the little stocking hangers, you can use an X-acto knife to scrape the white off so they are red again
- Mount on decorative paper for a great holiday card.