If you haven't heard, Dreamweaver Stencils is looking for a few talented people who love to share their creations with others. Our new Design Team Call runs until the end of February. See Pam's blog for all the details on how to apply.
This week I am blessed to be spending time with my beautiful grand-daughter and lovely daughter-in-law while my son is traveling. I cherish these times especially because we live pretty far apart so I don't get to be with them very often. Thank goodness for Skype! Family means the world to me, but so do friends, so this week I dedicated my card to three very dear friends of mine, or "The Ladies" as my family calls them. We all met when our kids were in high school (over 15 years ago!), and still meet regularly for lunch and to share family news. I know they will be my friends forever.
This is not exactly a CAS (clean and simple) card, but it's really not very hard to create. Here's how you do it:
- Emboss the Butterfly stencil (LJ916) on white cardstock using a personal die cut machine
- With the stencil still in place over the embossed butterfly, use small stencil brushes to add various inks to the wings and body
- Use a finger dauber to apply a coat of VersaMark ink over the colored image
- Remove the stencil and sprinkle the butterfly with Stampee Bonding Powder, tap off excess powder
- Use a heat gun to gently heat the powder
- Place a sheet of Stampee Water Clear Foil over the butterfly
- Place the image in a paper folder and insert the folder into a laminator and let it feed through
- Quickly peel off the foil sheet. The foil will stick to the butterfly where you had the bonding powder, but release where you didn't
- Trim around the butterfly and edge with a coordinating marker, set aside
- Emboss the Triangle Weave (LJ912) stencil on white cardstock through a die cut machine
- Remove the stencil and use a 3/4" stencil brush to brush color over the embossed image from all four sides.
- Trim close to the design, and layer onto a light yellow mat
- Layer those two onto a darker yellow mat
- Place the Forever Friends stencil (LM2013) on white cardstock and use a small stencil brush to add ink to the design
- Cut the words apart and brush the remaining ink from the brush into the background of the words
- Mount them on light and dark yellow mats
- Place small strips of foam tape behind the body of the butterfly
- Place a Dreamweaver Embellishment Pin (green) through the head area of the butterfly and then into the front of the card, dont' forget to take the release paper off the foam tape first
- Add a pretty bow with glue dots
- Add the stenciled words
- Write a little note inside and share it with a wonderful friend!