This week I thought I would use the challenge to create a Valentine for my husband. I know it's not until next week, but we'll be celebrating this weekend instead. He is a horticulturalist, so I decided I would use the beautiful Pansy stencil (sorry this is retired) with the You & Me (LS1004) and part of the Forever Friends (LM2013) stencil.
|Front of the card|
|Inside of the card|
This could not be any easier and fits the challenge of Clean and Simple challenge along with Love and Friendship too.
- Tape each stencil to a piece of Hanko Sea Foam cardstock (one of my favorite!) with removable tape (mask off the friends part of the forever friends stencil)
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply a coat of Matte Black Embossing Paste (DMBP) across each stencil
- Remove stencils, let paste dry, and clean your stencils
- Mount each pasted image on a small black mat
- Adhere the You & Me to upper left corner of the card
- Tie a black ribbon around the bottom portion of the card
- Adhere the Pansy layer to the lower left corner with foam mounting tape
- Adhere the forever inside the card
Clean and Simple doesn't mean it can't look great. Beautiful papers can really help create an elegant card!
Now go check out the rest of team's creations for our new challenge. Don't forget you can enter your own creations by linking your designs on the DREAM it UP! blog or by emailing a picture of your design to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will post it for you.