It's fun in the sun time again with another collaboration between Stampendous and Dreamweaver Stencils! We played together all of this week, with a fabulous hop today, Friday, August 2nd, featuring a slew of amazing talent from both teams, and of course...prizes!!!
Two prize packages will be given away for the comments left on posts Monday-Thursday, July 29th - August 1st, and one prize will be given away for comments left on the hop day, Friday, August 2nd. Winners will be selected randomly and announced Thursday, August 8th. (Note: USA addresses only, please, due to shipping costs.) Here's what you could win:
Stampendous Surfer and Sandcastle Kiddos • Dreamweaver Hot Air Balloon, Ice Cream Cones, Summer, Mosaic Swirls, Bird Words, and Sandcastle stencils
For my final design, I used Dreamweaver Stencils beautiful LL543 - Sm fuchsia stencil along with the equally beautiful CRR166 Cling Fuchsia from Stampendous, and one of the sayings from SSC1158 Thoughtful Wishes stamp set.
|Dreamweaver Stencils LL543 - Sm Fuchsia|
Stampendous CRR166 Cling Fuchsia and SSC1158 Thoughtful Wishes
- Stamp the Cling Fuchsia two or three times with Archival Jet Black ink on white cardstock
- Use Distress Markers and a water brush to color the flowers and leaves (I used scattered straw and barn door for the flowers, old paper for the leaves and stems)
- Let dry or dry with a heat tool
- Stamp the saying with Archival Jet Black
- Use a foam applicator and Distress Inks old paper to rouge some color around the edges
- Mount onto a small black mat, then onto the front of a card made of Distress cardstock old paper
- For the stencil I did the Molten Magic technique
- Tape the stencil to black cardstock with removable tape
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply a coat of Pearlescent Embossing Paste over the design
- Remove the stencil and place in water for cleaning later
- Use a soft brush to pick up various colors of Dreamweaver's Metallic F/X powders and sprinkle them over the wet paste (Gold Dust-01, Pink Poppy-03, Kimono Red-15 on the flowers, Kiwi-10, Ivy Garden-11 on the leaves and stems)
- Carefully lift the image and tap from underneath to "jump" the powders around a little, it will look quite messy at this point, but don't panic, it will clean up later
- Over a trash can or paper towel, flip the image to the back and tap off excess powders
- Turn back over and heat with a heat tool until you see bubbles form them move the tool to the next area until it is all bubbled
- Let it cool then wipe off any extra powder residue with a Swiffer cloth (you know, the ones you are supposed to be dusting with!)
- Mount on a mat of Distress old paper cardstock, then a small black mat
- Use foam tape to apply the stenciled image over the stamped image
- Add a beautiful bow and embellishment pin (I used a black COPIC marker to make mine black)
Now, hop on over to the next in line. Don't forget to leave some love for a chance to win, and just 'cuz it's nice!
Louise Healy (you are here!)
Thanks for hopping with us this week!