It's our final day of the first ever collaboration week with Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko! We've shared all of our toys on both sides, and have shown you the Endless Possibilities! Three prize packages are available, each containing one set of each of these inks and stencils/dies. Just leave comments on each post of each day this week (June 9th - June 13th) for a chance to win! Winners will be announced on Tuesday, June 17th!
|Imagine Crafts New StazOn Pads from Tsukineko|
|Stencils and Dies Prize Package|
For my final project this week I am showing the Faux Tile technique. If you want the step by step pictures of how to do this click here to see the tutorial I posted last year. This one uses a different overlay stencil, but the steps are the same.
|Faux Tile Technique|
Here's the quick "how-to" version:
- Dry emboss the Diamond grid stencil (LJ882) on white cardstock
- With the grid stencil still in place, overlay the Wren stencil (LL571) and tape in place with removable tape
- Use small stencil brushes to apply ink to the Wren design, use the Picasso (LL332) to help with the placement of colors. All the colors I used are from IMAGINE Crafts. They were Radiant Neon Electric Yellow, VersaFine Toffee, Habanero, Satin Red, Spanish Moss, Olympia Green.
- When you finish adding the color, remove the Wren stencil and wipe it off with a soft cloth.
- Use small pieces of removable tape over the bird area of the stencil, then tape the stencil over and down from the original and color another set of flowers and leaves
- Remove the Wren stencil and use a 3/4" stencil brush and VersaFine Deep Lagoon to brush in the "sky". Use the cloud end of the Picasso to create a couple of clouds
- Remove the grid stencil and wipe it off with a soft rag and return to the design
- Use a finger dauber to apply a coat of VersaMark over the entire grid
- Remove stencil, set aside
- Sprinkle with clear embossing powder, heat set
- Repeat the VersaMark, embossing powder and heating two more times to get a smooth tile-like finish
- Mount into a beautiful card and embellish with a wonderful ribbon from May Arts!
I hope you have enjoyed our creations this week, we have had a lot of fun trying new products! Don't forget to leave comments for the chance to win those great prize packages. Thanks for all your comments, I truly appreciate each one.