We are also having a collaboration this week with the team from Faber-Castell - Design Memory Craft division, so be sure to check that out too over at the Stampendous Impressions Blog! There are prizes to be had!
Today I combined the adorable Feline Curious (P243) stamp from Stampendous, with a saying from the Dreamweaver Kitty Words stencil (LG741), and the wonderful Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils from Faber-Castell, to create this cute notecard:
Isn't he just the purr-fect card to send to someone you know who loves cats?! And...he was very easy to do (bonus points!).
- Stamp the cat image on white cardstock or watercolor paper with Memento Tuxedo Black
- Use the Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils to add some colors you like (you don't have to be exact, you'll blend it with water afterwards), using the markings on the stamp to show you where the darker spots should be (I used colors from the Yellow and Green sets). The nice thing about the sets is that all the colors blend beautifully, and you get a paint brush in each set. Use the paintbrush and water to smooth out and blend the colors. If you are working on a good cardstock, you still have to be a little careful how much water you use at a time. I would blend a layer of color, heat it to dry it, then add more.
- After the watercolors were nice and dry, I used an Essential PITT Artist Pen in Walnut Brown to do a little more shading on the face, and a Black Superfine Pen to go back over some of the black lines that I wanted to stand out a little more (like around the eyes, nose and whiskers).
- I place the Kitty Words stencil on white cardstock and outlined the saying I wanted with an Essential PITT Artist Pen in Black with an Extra Superfine nib, took off the stencil, and finished coloring in the letters.
- Cut out the Cat, leaving about a 1/2" of cardstock on the right side, so he looks like he's peeking around a corner
- Mat a piece of yellow cardstock on black, then attach the Cat flat along the right edge, but with a piece of foam tape under his head for more dimension, don't forget to finish off his whiskers on the cut side. I used the PITT Black Superfine Artist Pen to add the whiskers on the yellow paper.
- Mat the saying on black too
- I thought the green background paper really brought out the eyes.
See what other Perfect Pets the team members have for you today: