Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Swim with Passion!

Welcome to the Stampendous and Tando Creative Blog Hop! We are having a great time this week sharing our projects that combine the products from these two wonderful companies! A big THANK YOU to Tando Creative for their generous gift of products to our design team!!

Today I am combining some Stampendous stamps, a technique from Fran's Embossing Powder Techniques from A to Z Book,  with an Arch from Tando Creative to create a great summery card.
Supplies:

Stampendous:
CRS5088 Cling Pearl Mermaid Set
SSC1246 Ocean Wisdom Perfectly Clear Set
EPBK16 Embossing Powder Techniques From A- Z Book
EK22 Beach Embossing Kit
FREG004 Deep Impressions Chunky Embossing Enamel
MWP811 Mixed Media White Paper
Acrylic Handle
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®

Plus:
My Color Cardstock - Sandy Beach, Sky, Winter Lake
Tando Creative Straight Edge Arches small
Copic Marker 100, 0
Electric Griddle
Foam Tape

Instructions:
Step 1:  Fold a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Sandy Beach cardstock in half to form an A2 card
Step 2: Cut a 2" x 5 1/2" pieces of Sky, Winter Lake and white cardstock, tear along one long edge of each to create different layers, adhere behind each other to create the "ocean", adhere to the card front
Step 3:  Stamp the saying on a small  piece of white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, cut a piece of Winter Lake a little larger, tear the edges, adhere the saying to the blue mat
Step 4:  I used Technique Y, from Fran's book to create the seahorse arch panel, see the version on pages 82-83
Step 5:  To adhere the Seahorse arch, I used ZipDry along the bottom and foam tape at the top
Step 6: Use foam tape to attach the saying
Here's a close up of the embossed arch:
The best part of this technique is you really can't make a mistake! That little swirl along the bottom is a happy accident!  To darken up the Seahorse image, I used a black Copic to outline the whole image, but I didn't like how dark it was so I went back over the whole think with the Colorless Blender (0) to remove some of the black ink. When you do this, you have to keep cleaning off the tip of the colorless marker. But now, I love it!

The Tando Creative product is their Straight Edge Arches Small and looks like this:

You get three full sets of arches to use together or separately like I have done.

For a full list of today's Hop participants and information about our prizes, go to the Stampendous Blog!

Happy Creating,
Louise

28 comments:

Zoechaos said...

This is adorable, thank you. Zoe (Grimsby UK)

Chrissy said...

I really love anything ocean related, this is so beautiful. Christine from Arizona

Sabrina said...

Very cool!!!

eyes2theocean said...

This is amazing. That you for sharing from the book. I've been wondering what some of the techniques were and if it would be worth the cost of the book. I can see now that it is. Beautiful project. Thank you for sharing!

barbara macaskill said...

Isn't Fran's book awe inspiring? I absolutely love referring to it when I am creating! Sometimes when I am in a funk I will open the book blindly and whatever page I open it to is the technique that I use to create something! It works every time and I am able to get back on track!
I love your beautiful seahorse and the card is so pretty! TFS!
Barb in VT

Salnclts said...

I love the seahorse!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Loving your embossed seahorse he fits perfectly on that arch.

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so cute! I think this would make a cute pin.

Judy said...

Beautiful work. I love all things beachy or of the ocean. Love the colors on your card.

McStamper said...

Love your project.

Mary Holshouser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Holshouser said...

this looks like something you would find along
the river bank - a piece of prehistoric animal.
Fantastic piece.
thanks for sharing.
Illinois

Diane said...

I really must start playing with my embossing powders more, this is just wonderful Louise !!

hugs Diane xx ( UK )

Steph Ackerman said...

This turned out great. NY

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous. Love that seahorse.
Becca from FL

cghundley said...

Awesome work here.
This looks so cool.
Carla from Utah

Janis said...

Oh, that is a totally awesome seahorse!!! LOVE!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

craftymom205 said...

Great project. From Alabama

Jean said...

How fun! Love how you did this!

A Pink said...

Fabulous altered arch and a great idea to use it as an embellishment on your card .
x

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful seahorse arch! Love the colors and the finish on it! So pretty!

Sue D said...

Great card. I really like the seahorse panel.
Sue in Ohio

Jamie Martin said...

The stamping into embossing powder is so cool!

Jamie Martin said...

The stamping into embossing powder is so cool!

Fliss said...

That embossing technique on your seahorse arch is stunning! Such a fabulous sea effect and definitely must give this a go. Thanks for sharing.
Fliss in the UK xx

Reba said...

Great card!! I love how the seahorse almost looks like a fossil! -- North Carolina

Steph Ackerman said...

Great summer projects. NY.

Helen Gullett said...

That seahorse looks awesome!