Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hello!

Hello there! It's hard to believe another week has passed and it's time for another Thursday's Dream Scheme challenge. This week the Dreamweaver Stencils design team was given a sketch challenge by team member Deborah. Here's what it looks like...

...and here's my take on it.
How would you like this little guy to welcome you home on your screen door! This friendly critter is Dreamweaver Stencils LM2004, and the "hello" sentiment is LS96.

I used the Matte Yellow Embossing Paste as the base layer for both stencils. When the paste is dry, put your clean stencil back over the yellow paste and use small stencil brushes with pigment ink to color the design. My Picasso stencil (LL332) was essential for keeping the colors where they belonged. After applying the ink, remove the stencil and sprinkle the ink with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE). Carefully heat the UTEE to give great dimension to the images. I thought the black and white gingham looked like a screen in the background. This could be a great card for a young boy, or someone you know who lives in the tropics!
Don't forget to check out all the team member blogs for more creative renditions of this sketch challenge. Just click on each team member's name in the list on the left side of my blog. And you won't want to miss the DREAM it UP! blog for a chance to participate in the fun!
Happy Creating,
Louise

7 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Yes, I am so amused by the background looking like a screen door Louise! Really fun fun fun.

Wendy said...

Sooo coool. This is so vibrant and beautiful. I love it. Your awesome. Have a super day!

Lee Kellogg said...

Louise, I love the gecko and your take on the sketch. Good job!

Laura Drahozal said...

Love the colors and the lizard!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Read this again and realized you used the matte yellow paste....great great suggestion for the colors that you stenciled on top, makes them much sharper and bright.

Deborah March said...

WOW!! My grand-boys would just LOVE this card Louise...fab colours!

sommrstamping said...

Love this card Louise I love the bright colors and I've seen this guys cousin in my garage.