Lynell and her team are leaving for Las Vegas and the summer retailers show, so that means NEW RELEASES! We are so excited to about the new designs and several designs that have been re-released due to popular demand! The design I'm showing this week is one that has been re-released in a different size. To me it just "crows" hot summer morning! Don't you agree.
|LG753 - Lg Crowing Rooster|
Here's how it's done:
- Tape the stencil to white cardstock with removable tape
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Matte Yellow embossing paste
- Remove the stencil and place in water for cleaning
- Let the paste dry thoroughly (about 20 minutes, but I wait 30)
- Place the clean, dry stencil over the dry paste and tape in place
- Use 1/4" stencil brushes and inks to apply color to the design (I used Splendor Ink pads in Circus and Magic for this, these are great because you get lots of colors in each set)
- Remove the stencil and let the inks dry a little while you prepare the card
- I trimmed the rooster image a little, mounted it on a black mat, then a slightly larger yellow mat
- The background paper is from Graphic45 (gotta love their papers!)
- The base card is yellow cardstock, matching the layer behind the rooster
- Use foam tape to apply the matted rooster to the front of the card
- I think this would be cute to send to someone who just got promoted or graduated and say "now that's something to crow about!" or "crowing with delight at your good news", you get the picture
More great summer ideas are waiting for you at the team blogs. Leave me a comment then head on over to seen their creations this week!