Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dreamweaver Thursday Dream Scheme

February is flying by and we still have had only dustings of snow. Not that I'm complaining, but it makes we wonder what March and April will bring!
Our February challenge for Dreamweaver Stencils continues and we would really love it if you would play along with our Green Theme. Be sure to check out this beautiful design from Sue Petersen that she sent Lynell to post for her, click here to see it. Thanks, Sue, for joining our fun!
My take on the "green" theme this week revolves around another kind of green, a golf green. In two weeks I'll be heading to FL to watch my daughter's college team play in several tournaments over their spring break, so I have golf on the brain right now. This card would be ideal for any golfers in your life, male or female, and is easy to reproduce.

Here are the steps:
  • Lay the golf ball stencil (LS35) on white cardstock that is larger than the stencil (I'm sorry to say this stencil is retired, but maybe you can find one)
  • Mist with Memories Mist Wheatgrass
  • Remove and clean the stencil, let image dry
  • Round corners and brush Distress Inks Frayed Burlap around the edges and lightly through the center
  • Run the Triangle weave stencil (LJ912) and white cardstock through a die cut machine to emboss the background (I like to think of them as woven tees!)
  • Use a foam applicator and Distress Inks Peeled Paint over the embossed image
  • Edge with Frayed Burlap and mount to the front of a card
  • Run the Houndstooth stencil (LJ913) and white cardstock through a die cut machine to emboss (this reminds me of divot tools)
  • Use a foam applicator and Distress Inks Frayed Burlap to color
  • Cut a 1" strip of the pattern and edge with more color
  • Add small brown brads near the top and bottom of the strip
  • Adhere it towards the left side of the card
  • Type "fore you!" on the computer and print on white cardstock
  • Apply Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap to match the card
  • Use foam tape to add the golf ball and saying to the card
Can you tell I've been around golf courses a lot! This card will be perfect for several golfers I know.
But the fun doesn't stop here, be sure to check out the rest of the team blogs, just click on the names below.
Happy Creating,
Louise

8 comments:

Liz Martin said...

Love this card AND the golf analogies – very clever. My husband is an avid golfer and I encourage him to play as much as possible as the 5-6 hours it takes for a round of golf means more crafting time for me! I definitely need to find this stencil.

Cherylynn said...

Oh how fun! I'm not a golfer and I still love this card!

Anonymous said...

Very fun card. And I like the golf green theme.

Pam Hornschu said...

What a fun card! Love the pun. Good luck to your daughter's team!

Scrappychick said...

Great mix of texture and a perfect man card!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

as always a very lovely card. Love the play on words..great to have ideas for manfolk!

Maggie Haroldson said...

Great card, Louise. Golf? No surprise there.... Congratulations on being published in Zentangle 6!

Laura Drahozal said...

A clever idea to use the golfing theme for "green"! Very creative!