Monday, July 26, 2010

Distress Mirror



I have made several of these mirrors for various occasions. They make a wonderful gift especially if you personalize them for the person you are giving it to. This is one I recently gave to my sister and her family as a "cabin warming" gift. They have a great place in northern Minnesota so I did an outdoor theme. I used a "B" scrabble tile
for their last name, a 52 bingo number and a five/three domino for their birth years, and a 75 bingo number for the year they got married, and a die set to three for their three children. Other items on the mirror had special meaning too, representing special occasions or memories. It was so much fun to make and we had a great time reminiscing when I gave it to them.
Here is a picture of the sunset over the lake the first night we were there. We took a pontoon ride and saw this and a pair of bald eagles!

Happy creating,

Louise

2 comments:

Marijane said...

What a great gift. I'm sure your sis & family just loved it! You can just "see" all the time, thought & love that went into the making of this beauty.

Deborah March said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for this inspirational piece.